Thursday, January 10, 2008

Viva la STITCH!

Bonjour, darling denizens of good taste and personal expression! My name is Emma and I’m one of the bloggers for STITCH, Northwestern’s premiere fashion publication. I’ll be posting as frequently as time permits about style, music, movies, current events, life at Northwestern, and whatever else tickles my fancy – but for starters, I thought I would fill out a quick little survey to share a bit about myself and to celebrate the art that transcends time, place, and space to unite us all in one varied and colorful voice: fashion. Off we go.

A: What accessories do you wear everyday?
A faceted silver ring with a tiny green stone on my left-hand middle finger.

B: What is your beauty routine?
A little mascara, bronzy-brown Smashbox eyeshadow, concealer, and some form of lip product. Seven-minute application, tops.

C: What was the last item of clothing (for yourself) that you purchased?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Into it.

D: Do you use a dresser, closet, or both?
Got a little combo action going on. My dorm room has both a “closet” and a “dresser”…I won’t pretend I’m satisfied.

E: What type of earrings are in your ears right now?
Some really classy cubic zirconia studs I got in a Thanksgiving dinner popper. Sure trumps the usual paper crown and confetti mess!

F: What type of figure do you have?
I'm fergalicious.

G: Do you wear glasses?
Most days I’m a contacts kind of girl, but every now and again a quirky outfit or excess of sleep deprivation begs me to bust out the frames. Mine are Donna Karan.

Photobucket

H: What type of handbag do you carry?
Either a brown leather doctor’s bag from Urban (Urb’s) or a gold quilted chain-strap purse I snapped up at the Salvation Army (Salvo).

I abbreve everything.

I: What is your ideal style?
A nice healthy blend of the old, the new, the girly, and the funky. Think Chanel, Chloé, Marc Jacobs...

J: What jewelry are you wearing right now?

Photobucket

K: Do you wear knee-high stockings?
I...don’t make a regular practice of it.

L: Do you have to wear matching lingerie?
Of course you don’t have to. Nobody will heckle you on the street for wearing floral panties with a leopard-print bra (Visible panty lines? Perhaps.). But I challenge you to find a lady who doesn’t feel immediately swankier with a little something special on underneath.

M: Do you wear makeup, and if so, what products do you use?
I’m a big fan of anything by Benefit, Smashbox, or Stila. Here are a few of my favorite products:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite shade of lipstick, however, is by Mary Kay. And when it comes to mascara, you can’t beat that classic pink and green tube:

Photobucket

N: Do you wear nightgowns?
Nope. But I’m extremely envious of all of Blair’s chic PJs on Gossip Girl.

O: What outerwear do you put on when going out on a typical winter day?
A black ruffled military peacoat, some kind of scarf or pashmina, a black crocheted beret, and riding boots.

P: What is your favorite perfume?
Comptoir Sud Pacifique’s "Vanille Abricot."

Q: Is your motto “quality over quantity” when it comes to clothing and accessories?
As a general rule, yes. But I’m not gonna lie – I can never get enough clothes!

R: Do you wear rain boots?
On occasion.

S: Do you wear socks or slippers when your feet get cold?
Socks. I'm pretty serious about socks.

T: Do you have a set of travel luggage?
No, just an assortment of Poppins-esque carpet bags and a printed suitcase by Nine West.

U: What is your daily uniform?
Day dresses with tights, or skinny jeans and dressy tops. I wear them with boots or ballet flats and lots of costume-y grandma jewelry.

V: If you are married, did you wear a veil with your wedding dress? If not, how did you do your hair?
…No.

W: Do you wear a watch?
I have one, but it only goes with silver...that’s what I get for trying to be all fancy. Generally I check my phone for the time.

X: What item of clothing always makes you feel extremely beautiful?
Vintage dresses! I have a stash of pieces I’ve found in thrift stores or on e-Bay. I’m an absolute sucker for anything chiffon.

Y: What is your favorite type of yarn?
Wait, what? What? Seriously?

Z: Do you prefer zippers or buttons?
Buttons on my cardigans and zippers on my jeans.

That's a wrap. Looking forward to a fun future of blogging with all of you!

No comments:

 
Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos