Saturday, January 19, 2008

these are a few of my favorite things.

I'm a pretty busy woman. In fact, I get the lucky job of being Miss In-Over-Her-Head for a fellow STITCH staffer's pageant project. Keeping a pretty strict schedule helps me get through the day without a minor nervous breakdown. More important to keeping me sane are the things I carry with me. Less like little lucky charms and more like the practical keys to my sanity, these are the things that I can't leave home without:

  1. My Longchamp bag. It's big enough to carry all my favorite things, plus the zip closure keeps everything dry. I used to just go with the oversized tote, but it didn't suffice. I ended up getting my bag at the Nordstrom in Charlotte for a very reduced rate. Sales always make a much-needed purchase more enjoyable.
  2. My iPhone. Yes, I'm that girl. And yes, it's every bit as fabulous as everyone says. I keep a pink incase on mine - so I can see it in the depths of my bag.
  3. My Filofax. I got introduced to this wonderful thing by my roommate. It helps me keep track of my many meetings, to-do list, finances...basically, everything. Plus it looks fairly adult and classy, and the sunshine-y yellow color makes me happy when I have a twenty-pager due in twenty-fours with word count ZERO.
  4. Lip balm - these days C O Bigelow or Rosebud. I got hooked on Rosebud when I was like five, and the COB I picked up when I was Christmas shopping for my mother. I've found they're both great for layering under or over lipstick. The COB is a little waxy, but does a good job moisturizing. The Rosebud is fabulous and can work by itself as a lip color. You can find Rosebud at Urban.
  5. My Hobo wallet. It carries everything BUT my checkbook. I can fit my cards, business cards, change - even a few lucky charms manage to make it in, like a bejeweled four-leaf clover my friend got me in high school and a silver dollar from my late grandfather. The two dozen receipts that constantly make the rounds also fit in with a few bills and some ticket stubs.
  6. Various things to keep me warm - pashmina scarves, J. Crew glittens, and thick socks. A Southern girl can hardly stand these Midwestern winters...
Peace,
Justice

No comments:

 
Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos