Thursday, January 10, 2008

fashion roadkill.

Frankly, I'm still not entirely sure how this "fashion" thing works. My tastes and style are still developing. I imagine that when I enter the real world, my closet will fall victim to an even more discriminating, obsessive-compulsive eye. Until then, I can get away with several of my love/hate favorites. Let's face it: sometimes it's good to let go and move on. The tantrum-throwing significant other? The electric blue eyeshadow? The course packet from your miserable Calc class? Sure, at some time you totally connected and needed those things. They were part of your daily life, maybe even your daily identity. Here are just a few of the memorable fashion and beauty items that made me total fashion roadkill:

1. Hamburger sneakers. Think Converse, but with hamburger print. It's like the Juno phone, but...on my feet.
2. The "metallic eye." I tried to create this hot new eye makeup trick. I would take one of the eyeshadow pencils, cover my entire eyelid, and top that with metallic shimmer powder. My favorite colors for this trick were baby blue, light pink, and silver. How I thought this looked good is completely beyond me.
3. My bright yellow LL Bean backpack. There's really no good reason why this made me fashion roadkill, I'm just glad I've moved on.
4. Red velvet blazer. Think cheap Prince...on a girl...at a debate tournament.

Luckily, I've learned from my past. I still have my hits and misses, but we've all made mistakes. Just sit back and enjoy it. At the very least, you can laugh at the skeletons in my walk-in closet.

-- Justice

Upcoming posts: Uggs, leggings, and my favorite procrastination websites

No comments:

 
Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos