Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's beginning to feel a lot like...may?

I was willing to give Evanston the benefit of the doubt this winter. I'm from Chicago and tried my best not to complain. A frigid winter? That's nothing new. So what if it was ten weeks of lip numbing wind and lake-effect snow. But now that it's almost June and we're still in school, much to my dismay, I was really hoping for a jump in the temperature. I figure, there has to be at least one month's worth of solid good weather here on the North Shore right?

But while I wait for that day to come when the mercury climbs above 80 degrees, I do have to say that my favorite thing about this chilly spring has been .... sweater weather. Usually something I look forward to in the fall, the ability to wear cute cardigans without overheating in the Chicago humidity or freezing in the rain and snow. And this spring, it has been the perfect temp to leave that old Northface in the closet in exchange for a lighter-weight option.


Like this sweater from Forever21. Perfect for laying over tanks with skinny jeans and those fun new t-shape sandals.


Or this sweater from Gap. Come June when maybe it scorches to *gasp* 70, pair with a big necklace , shorts and booties and you're good to go in this unseasonably cool weather.






Or this option from Urban Outfitters. This has pretty much become my uniform. This oversized sweater + leggings + norbucks = me on any given weekday. Hopefully, it'll be warm enough to order a frappuchino soon.

No comments:

 
Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos